Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dumm dum dum dummm

Another weekend, another excuse for me to ignore my household duties and to make a card! The occasion this time was for a bridal shower. As I have previously mentioned, I like to personalize cards as much as possible. Knowing that their wedding colors are blue and bubble gum pink, I wanted that color motif to be included. I have more pink paper than I know what to do with (I am a huge breast cancer awareness advocate), so I used a large piece of pink scrap paper for the base of the card. The pearlized blue cardstock was from DCWV's fabulous shimmer matstack. I thought the colors were very complimentary and are similar to what the happy couple's colors will be on their big day in May.

I used the Cricut cartridge Sweethearts to cut out a shadow of a bride, then embossed it using my Sizzix Texture Boutique. I placed a piece of  ivory damask paper between the layers. I used my trusty Herma Dotto tape runner (my right-hand woman in the craft room) to join everything together.

For dimension, I used foam dots to elavate the sentiment I created. I finished it off with a few light pink pearls on the dress. Then it was time for this bride card to find its mate (the envelope) and it was off to the shower!

Sidenote: The bride-to-be told me at the shower that as soon as she opened the card, she knew it was made by me and loved it. It always feels good to have people appreciate your work!




No comments:

Post a Comment