Saturday, March 24, 2012

Whozits and whatzits galore

This week, I visited a wonderful and magical place. A place were one man's trash really is another man's treasure. A place that encourages its visitors to think outside the box while promoting recycling. Honestly, how cool is that?

Behold- the Lancaster Creative Reuse!




As I was rummaging through the junk under-appreciated gems, I couldn't help but hum "I've got gadgets and gizmos aplenty, I've got whozits and whatzits galore" from The Little Mermaid. There is something inspiring about turning what someone has viewed as nothing into something.

Rule #1 of visiting a reuse center: do not go during your lunch break! There was no way to take it all in in that short amount of time. I did manage to walk away with a little bag of goodies, totaling $2.65. 


I have a project in mind for the wine corks, so stay tuned. Although we drink a lot of wine in our house, I am sentimental and am saving the corks for yet another project. Plus I am glad I could rescue these guys from being in a landfill!

To check to see if you have a reuse center near you, check out the directory. It is so fulfilling and a great way to fill up your craft room!

No comments:

Post a Comment