Saturday, March 17, 2012

Warning: May Include Excessive Color

Proceed with caution....
While I don't want to say I am afraid of color, I definitely tend to lean more towards a neutral and muted palette. So when I saw The Play Date Cafe's challenge this week, I thought "Now this IS a challenge!". Instead of running away from the unknown, I ran towards it- full ahead! I would not usually think to throw all these crazy bright colors together, but it works!

As soon as I saw the color combo, it immediately reminded me of a dress that my friend pinned and has been drooling over since she found it on Pinterest. The colors are similar and I loved the braided belt, so I ran out to my local Joann Fabric to mimic the look.

I was able to find colors that matched the dress and the PDCC #123 challenge. While I am not thrilled with how the card turned out, I know that my friend will appreciate the colors and the gesture. (And maybe this means I will have to play again this week!) I can't wait to get this sucker in the mail and send her a reminder that she is a fabulous friend!

Recipe~
Cardstock: Blue, teal and green came from DCWV Hippie Chic
                   Orange paper- Orangeade by The Paper Company
Fabric: Kona Cotton in Tangerine, Turquoise and Navy
Sentiment: Vellum quote pack
                                 Lots of hot glue and a couple of foam dots!


9 comments:

  1. You nailed the colors in the braided accent! What a great addition to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen...this is a TERRIFIC way to use our colors over at The Play Date Cafe!!! I am so glad that you came to play with us and I am thrilled to be your very first follower : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the SWEETEST! Your friend will love this! I love the braided "belt" and think you did a fab job with the colors! So glad you joined us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling card, I adore that braid, I'll have to borrow that idea! Thanks for coming to play with us at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHH! What an amazing card--LOVE that braided belt! Great use of these colors! YOU nailed this challenge:) THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you guys! You are like creative gods to me, it means so much that you took the time to send me love! I am honored to be the cream in your coffee, thank you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card and LOVE that braid!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, I've had pc issues. Love how you've used our colours, that braid is a great way to bring them in, really creative. Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete